The holiday season can take a toll on your skin. From the non stop eating to the late night partying on New Years Eve, our skin does a little freaking out. We are overwhelmed with things to do, from social gatherings to kid’s programs, shopping, and cards. Take a deep breath and relax, you’ve got this! We are here to help you get through the holidays looking your best.
Here are some tips on how to keep your skin looking it’s best during the holiday season.
- Keep your skin clean and moisturized. Before applying your foundation, moisturize your skin with an oil free moisturize, then you can apply your make up primer. A primer alone will not work to moisturize the skin. Properly moisturizing the skin allows a perfect base for your foundation. Before going to bed, always cleanse your skin and remove all traces of make up. Never ever fall asleep without cleansing your skin.
- Exfoliate once a week. We tend to apply more make up than usual during the holidays to look fabulous. A lot of ladies opt for a 12 hour foundation to keep their make up in place through out the whole night. By exfoliating the skin, you are not only prepping your skin for a smooth foundation application, but you are removing all the dead skin cells and impurities that can lead to breakouts.
- Drink lots of water. People are known to drink more alcohol during the holidays than any time of the year. Waking up the next day dehydrated can not only affect your body, but your skin as well. Try to minimize your alcohol intake and drink more than the recommended 8 glasses of water a day.
- Try to get adequate rest and eat nutritiously during all the hustle and bustle! Nothing shows up on your skin faster than a lack of sleep and poor diet.
- Last but not least, keep your make up brushes extra clean. As previously mentioned, we apply more make up during the holidays to get that perfect look. Whether it’s a foundation brush, beauty blender, contouring brush, or eye shadow brush, it has to be kept clean. Germs, oil and bacteria accumulate in our make up brushes if they are not cleaned. This can lead to horrible acne breakouts.
Happy Holidays from the Refine Dermatique Team!
We are so thankful for every single one of you!
Stay tuned for some exciting changes coming to Refine in 2017!